To celebrate my book birthday, I’m sponsoring list mania. Okay, so today’s not my exact book birthday. That happened on March 8. But my newest book, THE HOT LIST (Simon & Schuster/Aladdin M!X) is only a newborn at just over one month.
And you want to show off your new baby, right? You want to have lots of people over at your house and get lotsa presents.
No, no. The baby metaphor is no longer working. See, when I had a baby, I wanted peace and quiet and sleep. Now with a book, it’s different. I want a party over here. Now. And I don’t want your gifts. I want to give away gifts.
If you leave a comment, you’ll be entered to win a signed copy of every book I’ve ever written. Yes, that’s six books. Count ‘em: Both of my books for tweens–THE HOT LIST, THINGS ARE GONNA GET UGLY. And then as a bonus all of ALIEN CLONES FROM OUTER SPACE CHAPTER BOOKS–TWO HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE, WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?, THE BABY-SITTERS WORE DIAPERS and FOOD FOOD FIGHT! Woo-hoo! That’s a hefty load o’ books!
Tweets and Facebook and Blog posts earn you more entries. The winner will be announced Friday, April 22.
So in honor of all that, I’d thought I’d start something new. I call it LIST MANIA. Had to write it in all caps to grab your attention. Every Friday, I’m going to ask someone their own personal hot list on a subject of my their choosing (or mine if I’m being pushy). And that someone, today, is me. I’m going to ask me who I think are the five hottest imaginary creatures.
Hillary Homzie’s five hottest imaginary creatures
1. Dragon. Well, duh. They breath fire.
2. Pegasus. Those wings make me think angel. And angels are definitely dreamy. And I love horses.
3. Unicorn. Sorry. It might be corny. But it’s just how I feel. I debated about putting unicorns first but I wanted to make that dragon joke.
4. Deer. They’re so elegant. They way they spring up and down when they run.
5. Lion. You have to love the female’s hunting ability. And the guys have that mane. Roar!
Okay, so let me know what you think about my list